Wednesday, January 07, 2009

hectic days!

School started yesterday and saw friends that I haven't seen for a few months. It's great seeing all of them! =) I waited for my elective to start and after one hour, I turned to my friend and said: "HEY IM LEAVING. This elective really isn't for me"

haha.. yes. and so I dropped it. Shall do without electives this sem then =) yumin came to ntu today and it was great seeing her. though she didn't stay for long, I managed to call her and we talked for 2 hours? There's just so much to tell her everytime we meet! I love her! =) and I know SHE LOVES ME TOO =) hehe.

Okay. Anyway! I am really happy today!

I went back nj with my senior and we saw Mr Ho along the way! haha. I was HEARTBROKEN when I saw that the trombones are not taken care of properly and that they are lying around everywhere. Goodness! What happened! I mean, it is basic respect and love that a musician should have towards his instrument. I always remember how last time my section will take v good care of everything! (ok, probably coz I was a v fussy SL) but still, it hurts me to see dents and rust on my beloved trombones!

I found my instrument in a soft case. Why didn't they keep it in the hard case? I took the trombone and went out to play. haha. I almost couldn't remember how long ago it was when I last took it. When I tried playing, my lips was quite painful. My embrouchure is probably gone =) hehe.. checked w jh that the last time I played was in March 2008 and that was only for ten mins! and know what? I have got no stamina already =( sad that I could barely hold 4 counts initially and my volume was pathetically SMALL. it was tiring to get the sound back! haha and as usual, I needed LOTS OF TIME to warm up.

o ya, one more thing! the slide was horrible! haha!! the moment we took the instrument out, my senior and I were busily cleaning the slide and to our HORROR, the scare resources at nj freaked me out. We used to have a lot of slide oil, cream, grease but now, almost all bottles are empty and they are lying around everywhere as well! *disappointed with the current QM*

and so we got called back to band room. eng kwan, zhe yi, jiahao, qisheng and I went in to play. I wasn't ready at all! but heck, I just went in for fun. haha. played a song titled 'with hearts and voices' and I find it pretty interesting! I mis-pitched many notes and I couldn't sight-read at all. haha. AS USUAL. I am SUPER SLOW when it comes to sight-reading.. Bi xiu!!! where are you!! I miss you!!

Towards the end of band prac, I felt really good coz my tone came back! My volume is not there so I probably need to go run more to exercise my lung muscle! wahah =D Had a long conversation with Mr Ho. Just hope that he will take care of his body! don't overwork alright! many many people are concerned about you and your health condition.

haha. due to my playfulness, I realized that I am running late for lesson. I was still at nj when it was already 1.40pm and that my lesson starts at 2.30pm. WHY IS N TU SO ISOLATED AND DESERTED!! >.<

took bus to boon lay and cab to school. it was halfway through the journey and I RANDOMLY asked the driver if he takes NETS and he said no! *faints* I told him I only had 5 bucks w me and he said it's enough. haha. the cab totaled to 5.20 but he charged me only 5. Thank you! =)

bought financial calculator and went for the TERRIFYING FM lesson. IT'S REALLY SLOW and hard to keep myself awake. had dinner w xinyi and subsequently saw my dearest DA JIE! we went home together and had talked non-stop BUT the stupid me did a Stupid thing. When I got down the bus I tapped my card, only to realize that it's another ez-link card and so I PAID THE FARE TWICE. oh my! why Why wHY WHY am I so stupid >.<
rah!

haha. ended the day by going to my aunt house and chat with her for hours as well. I am a chatterbox! I should really stop talking so much anymore. Too noisy! oops.

Told someone off today and I felt really proud of myself. Don't push me around coz you're not someone who deserves my kind attention and help.

yupp!! YAWNS. good night all!