I entered sadeaf today once more, with entirely different feelings and expectations, holding different responsibilities.
I volunteered there in 2006 and was asked to join the IDD committee. It was an eye-opener for me and I realized learnt a great deal of stuff, albeit that I couldn't understand sign language at that time. The familiarity I once had was overwhelming and I couldn't resist the temptation and I wish to return to sadeaf again.
I recall the nights where I travelled all the way down to sadeaf late at night just to settle props and goodie bags stuff. Likewise, I miss Lizhen and Dawn as well. Havne't got a chance to see them for years already..
so here I am.
I embraked on a journey with COR. I am thankful that I am part of COR for it gave me lots of opportunities to learn as well. Even though my sign language is still quite bad, I managed to practice it a little with the HIs =) I was really slow in reading their finger spell coz one really needs complete and focused attention in order to catch all the alphabets. Hopefully, I can master the sign language one day!
when we opened the door in the morning, I saw siu fai and he was SHOCKED and STUNNED to see me back in sadeaf. I almost forgot that he existed till his appearence today. It was really nice to see him. Others were surprised that I actually know sadeaf staff. haha. o well.
I look forward to COR 2009 =)