The cruelty of life..
Yesterday I went with my dad to the polyclinic and this old lady sat beside me. She is a kind lady, smiling at me and started talking to me. I was horrified and disgusted when I heard about her story. She told me she was very sleepy and so I told her to go back to sleep but she said she couldn't go back home. At home, there's her daughter-in-law with her 6 year old kid. the daughter in law didn't seem to be friendly. She would find trouble for the old lady and scold her. Oh my.
Later, she recounted her daily life to me: she would leave her house at 10am and wonder around in the streets until 7pm or so- just because she couldn't go home! She told me that the daughter-in-law is an evil person and is greedy. That I couldn't testify but one thing for sure, that daughter-in-law is inhumane! How can she leave a old lady out without showing any care for her?
What struck me most was that this old lady actually had a big plastic bag with her. And guess what's inside? Water, umbrella, towel, jacket, tissue.. Why? Is this the cruelty of life? This kind lady told me she does have quite a large sum of money in her bank but she's worried that the daughter-in-law will steal everything from her/ her son once she dies.
The thing is her son couldn't care much about her?! While it is true that one should love his or her life-time partner with unconditonal love, one should NEVER EVER forget his or her parents. I could see tears swelling in her eyes. USELESS SON. have he forgotten how his mother brought him up? how his mother cared and nurtured him? Do you know that when the lady told me about how her son wanted to learn piano when he was young, the lady was actually smiling? smiling from her heart?
Too many things can be explained. people are blinded by greed.. god bless this old lady and may the couple reflect on their wrong doings.. if not I am sure they will suffer the same fate next time..