I always remember how band was like with the BBB and how our section was always in a mess in terms of playing and stuff but I can proudly proclaim now that I am proud of my juniors!! haha. you guys sound great today! (apart from the super screwed opening)
my beloved juniors shimin and sam! i feel damn short standing next to them.. almost all my juniors are taller than me >.<
yu fei!
valerie!
haha yes! so these are the very few people that I managed to talk to. I saw ms chong in the waiting room and I was super scared of her, as usual. haha. I miss mr Lee. Wonder how he is doing now.. he's someone that I have deep respect for and someone who is very inspiring. I hope that you're well.
the 7th night of July was one of the songs played today and it made me realize how much I miss wy quin and yumin. I can't wait to see them! they're my friends for life =) so many years had passed but nycb spirit and culture never dies. In fact, the band is improving and getting better and better! Fate of the gods was what made nycb attain its first Gold after 13 years of effort. I can still remember vividly the day we entered VCH and sat down to play this song with Rochelle and Xin yi leading us in. 2 years later in 2005, it was my turn to lead the section to syf.
As they played macchu picchu, it reminded me once again of njcsb. well, I don't really have that much memories during the 2 years but I must really thank Mr Ho for giving me the opportunity to lead and to play solo even though I feel that he thinks too highly of me. Njcsb was what gave me a life in jc, just like how my life revolved around nycb last time round.
Went to Al-almeen to eat supper after the concert and to my DISMAY, the quality and standard of their pratas dropped =( it wasn't hot and crispy anymore. In fact they have added too many new dishes recently - you can find thai, indian, muslim, chinese, western and many many more types of food over there. So next time if you cannot decide on where to eat, perhaps you all can try there =) haha it then struck me again how often bandees will travel there almost every saturday just to eat and chat. I haven't stepped into that shop for more than a year, just like how I haven't stepped into nycb's band room for decades..
I think I need to find the force and motivation in life to move on once more! yes!